Viola Davis Gives A Middle Finger to Social NormsFebruary 27th, 2012
A few obvious observations about this year’s Oscars telecast:
1. Sacha Baron Cohen will do anything for press.
2. J Lo’s nipple may or may not have peeked out as she presented an award, but her dress was definitely saying “Take that, Marc!!!”
3. Esperanza Spalding is one of the most slept-on musical talents out today and after her perfect rendition of “What a Wonderful World,” the world has no excuse not to fall in love with her.
4. Octavia Spencer sure was shocked and happy.
5. “The Artist” was the Adele of the ceremony—win, win, win, win, win.
6. Billy Crystal should say “no” the next time they offer him a hosting gig, just like he should say “no” the next time there’s an offer to give him a facelift or botox.
And, finally, number seven…
Viola Davis, damn! Time has already been spent on her sexy ta-tas (her word) that she has pushed up and brought out at various award ceremonies and luncheons. And time has also been spent discussing her natural hair. She even told InStyle magazine,”My husband wanted me to take the wig off. He said ‘If you wear it for your career, that’s fine, but in your life, wear your hair. Step into who you are!” And step she did, looking ravishingly beautiful and comfortable as she did it. So while Davis may have lost out on the Oscar for Best Actress, in a town of insecurity and conformity, she was the clear winner of the night.