Erykah Badu Talks Window Seat Controversy, JFK on Wanda Sykes Show

Published by Starr Rhett on Monday, April 5, 2010 at 11:00 am.

It’s almost two weeks  since Erykah Badu premiered her video for “Window Seat” and folks are still mad but whether you loved it or hated it, people are talking. The neo-soul artist appeared on the Wanda Sykes show Saturday where she talked about what her intentions were with the video (for the umpteenth time since people still don’t get it or can’t get past the nudity). Part of the backlash she received came from people who felt like she defiled JFK’s honor but Miss Badu says the contrary, “JFK is one of my heroes…he’s the nation’s hero.”

There’s also a treat from Wanda. Yep, a parody of “Window Seat” but her version is called “Middle Seat” and she doesn’t quite make it to the bucky naked part. Just watch the clip below and enjoy.

Of all the “Window Seat” parodies I’ve seen thus far, that one was my favorite.

Comments

TINA WILLIAMS said on April 5th, 2010

BET, that was awesome. And thanks to Wanda Sykes for allowing Erydah Badu the opportunity to explain what the video meant. Everyone was so focused on her body that they did not see, or hear, what she was trying to say through this video. Keep doing what you do, Ms. Badu!

TINA WILLIAMS said on April 5th, 2010

I apologize for the incorrect spelling of her name. Ms. Erykah Badu. :)

LarLEE88 said on April 5th, 2010

luv badu and her Movement full support

Andrew Shawe said on April 5th, 2010

I would like to give Erykah Badu a grade of a 8.5. I say this due to in her video performance I’m unable to grade her clearly when she is walking. In order for my analysis to be accurate as much as possible I need her in a still position like standing and not walking. Anyway, I’m sure she understands this reason.

Tywana Willis said on April 5th, 2010

I love any and everything that erykah does, her last cd was off the chain, there is this one song that i can’t stop playing over and over again….you go girl keep up the good work.

humble said on April 5th, 2010

Erykah,

Don’t trip! They understand! They just don’t want to except the butt-naked truth from some people! I don’t recommend that people start walking around naked. However, nothing under the sun is hidden from GOD! We’re all naked in his sight because he sees all and knows all! So don’t trip! Besides, the unfortunate thing for some people is that when they do reveal the naked truth they’re ostercized!!!!!!!!

sale ugg boots said on April 6th, 2010

Although our clockugg classic short more often than most countries
uggs classic tall, at least 8 hours before, you will find our customer service to
UGG Lo Pro Button respond to your request shortly after we receive ugg knightbridge greyyour order in UGG Classic Argyle Knit Boots or just a query.We hope you navigate through our web site happy, we look forward to any suggestions, queries you may have, but we have done everything you most like to take
grey knightsbridge uggthis opportunity to try our products or refresh your snow. Said the world is to guide the UGG Bailey Button Grey discount ugg boots collection, it is time to let some of their own.

ebonyzeer said on April 6th, 2010

Erykah Badu is beyond her time, i,m not at all surprised that she is misunderstood. we should judge her for what she stands for. we should embrace her choice of expression. Erykah Badu is a born leader Thank you Erykah

unknown said on April 6th, 2010

THIS WOMAN IS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. LOVE YOU ERYKAH!!!

RiRi said on April 6th, 2010

The song is good,but the nakedness was uncalled for, come on Erykah ,you are too talented and pretty to just rip off your clothes like that. You have enough fans to last a lifetime,your body is your temple ,not your career.

abcdef said on April 6th, 2010

Your thread is very good, and for me it’s very useful, and many thanks to you, and tells something about myself. The other day I stumbled upon a wonderful Links Of Londonwebsite, and I have bought on-line Tiffany and CO at very favorable price. Fashionable Nike Shoesis made of special materials-plush fleece, I want to buy one Jordan Shoesfor my sister as her birthday present.

MsKay Hendricks said on April 7th, 2010

This was entertaining at best! Gotta lov da d… entertainment industry!

cocopuff said on April 7th, 2010