The Michael Vick Project Coming To BET

Published by Michael Arceneaux on Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 12:00 am.

vick

Famed football player turned mortal enemy of Scooby and Scrappy Doo, Michael Vick, has signed on for his own BET reality series.

The show will be titled The Michael Vick Project and will trail the football player on his controversial comeback with the Philadelphia Eagles while also examining his troubled childhood and legal troubles stemming from a 2007 arrest for running a dog fighting ring.

On the new docu-series, Vick tells the Los Angeles Times, “I just want people to really get to know me as an individual. What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I’ve made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it had never happened. But it’s not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up.”

Already Vick’s other arch nemesis, PETA, has responded.

PETA spokesman Dan Shannon said:

“People who abuse animals don’t deserve to be rewarded. They shouldn’t be given multimillion-dollar contracts . . . or given the privilege of being a role model. We don’t believe Michael Vick understands the seriousness of his crime. I think he’s sorry he got caught, but only time will tell if he’s truly remorseful.”

The show is set to premiere in early 2010.

Source

Comments

Leslie said on October 8th, 2009

I think this is going to be an awesome project. Good Job BET, giving him a chance to show people who he really is outside of the controversy.

Laura King said on October 8th, 2009

Are you sick in the head? BET should be ashamed! Think of the pain this awful excuse for a human being caused to those innocent animals. I hope the eyes and cries of pain of those beautiful creatures haunt all of you every night. This uneducated bastard needs to burn in hell and I hope BET burns with him. The only “admirers” he has are his fellow morons like yourselves. If Michael Vick was on fire, I wouldn’t piss on him to put him out, but I’d glady add fuel to the fire.

Laura King said on October 8th, 2009

OH… you have a moderator. I bet only the PRO VICK posts get posted. Well, that figures coming from the people of BET. The only people sick enough to give this ignorant ass a TV show.

Laura King said on October 8th, 2009

Sarah Arbaugh said on October 8th, 2009

In light of this news, BET you have lost a viewer. I will not support anything that supports Vick. He is no role model, in fact he was no role model before the dog fighting came to light.

Tashia said on October 8th, 2009

Ya’ll sound real stupid!!!!!!!!!!! So out of all the stuff ya’ll have done in your lives and wern’t given a second chance were would ya’ll be. God is forgiving so you should be too. And THANK YOU BET for letting him show his self and not let stupid people like them keep knocking him down. Vick keep showing these people that you can rise above the hate.

Florida gurl said on October 8th, 2009

You judgemental bastards need to get a life this guy is human you no and i bet if we looked thru your closet we will find plenty skeletons! Stop acting like your ##?$ don’t stink america! Anyway i think is a good thing that BET is giving him a chance to redeem himself you may have lost one viewer but you have gained so much more in my eyes!!

micah said on October 8th, 2009

why is everyone hatin on vick??? he did something wrong, did his time, and everyone still wants to see a brother down!!!! DAMN!!!!

Jason Filson said on October 8th, 2009

This is very disappointing. Do we really want our youth to look up to a man who brazenly breaks the law, and profited from and promoted an illegal & barbaric activitity? Does anyone at BET realize the amount of criminal activity that goes on around dog fighting?
Why not seek out an athlete who IS a true roll model and create a reality show around him or her? Our young people deserve better.

Hamid Barrett said on October 8th, 2009

Vick Meh Mans

Susan Miller said on October 8th, 2009

If this man ever showed any real remorse and any real desire to atone for his evil (what he calls “mistakes”) then I could cut him some slack. Unfortunately, he comes across as a person who is just making the appropriate comments, but whose only real regret is in getting caught. Give me a TV show where he is helping to rehabilitate abused animals & I can see that he really HURTS for what he did.

MS. SammyMo Huston said on October 8th, 2009

I think the show will be great for him to pick back up the young fans he may have lost….mistakes are made its part of life….and only GOD can judge…..we have no right to tell a man because of his mistakes he can no longer be part of the world as a role model….people learn from others mistake someone right now may have changed their life after watching him go thru his situation….think about how u would feel if the world was looking in on ur life and downing for every wrong move u make…..so quick to talk about how someone is not what u want ur youth lookin up, but what are u doing to make a change? what are u doing to help the youth? and how come a drug addict or something worst can turn there life around and we accept them with open arms….but a man who trying his hardest to prove his is change can get a helping hand, someone to say hey i understand and we’ll get thru this….wake up America, there is alot of things in this world that could use some fixing….dont down play the people who are trying to start the process!

SammyMO said on October 8th, 2009

I think the show will be great for him to pick back up the young fans he may have lost….mistakes are made its part of life….and only GOD can judge…..we have no right to tell a man because of his mistakes he can no longer be part of the world as a role model….people learn from others mistake someone right now may have changed their life after watching him go thru his situation….think about how u would feel if the world was looking in on ur life and downing for every wrong move u make…..so quick to talk about how someone is not what u want ur youth lookin up, but what are u doing to make a change? what are u doing to help the youth? and how come a drug addict or something worst can turn there life around and we can accept them with open arms….but a man who is trying his hardest to prove he is changed can’t get a helping hand, someone to say hey i understand and we’ll get thru this together….wake up America, there are alot of things in this world that could use some fixing….dont down play the people who are trying to start the process!

MS. SammyMo Huston said on October 8th, 2009

I think the show will be great for him to pick back up the young fans he may have lost….mistakes are made its part of life….and only GOD can judge…..we have no right to tell a man because of his mistakes he can no longer be part of the world as a role model….people learn from others mistake someone right now may have changed their life after watching him go thru his situation….think about how u would feel if the world was looking in on ur life and downing for every wrong move u make…..so quick to talk about how someone is not what u want ur youth lookin up, but what are u doing to make a change? what are u doing to help the youth? and how come a drug addict or something worst can turn there life around and we accept them with open arms….but a man who trying his hardest to prove he is changed can’t get a helping hand, someone to say hey i understand and we’ll get thru this….wake up America, there are alot of things in this world that could use some fixing….dont down play the people who are trying to start the process!

Devin Macon said on October 8th, 2009

@ Laura King you sound right stupid first of all, here is a man that has served his time in prison a rehabilitation center, which means all the crap that the NFL put him through is over and done with. Let this man move on and enjoy his life. And your comment about him being uneducated. Did you forget that he was in COLLEGE before he went pro, that’s how I know you are just full of hatred for somebody that you don’t know nothing about, and to wish someone to go to Hell is just too cruel of you to say. But I’m sure you live your life to the fullest and never make mistakes at all. Your just “perfect”. But your comment that you wished someone to Hell just remember that God hears everything you say and remember he said “treat others as you would like to be treated”…is that how you would like to be treated? But that is between you and God. And who are you to judge this man?

@Sarah Arbaugh & PETA about your comment about him being a role model. First off if you are a parent then “YOU” should be the role model that is the problem in the first place with this society. STOP looking at these players as ROLE MODELS they are regular people like you who get up every morning to go to work just like you. Growing up my Parents were my role models, people WHO I KNEW I could count on. How are you going to look up to someone as a role model like “Mike Vick” when you have never met this person? In my eyes a role model is someone who you know you can count on and can trust and who does the right things in life that you believe in.

Devin Macon said on October 8th, 2009

Devin Macon said on October 8th, 2009

So all in all I have to say cudos to BET for giving Mick Vick a shot to get his story out there. So people can see how he has changed as a person, and how sincere he is about CHANGE..wake up people this is the same thing your PRESIDENT has been talking about since the campaign. And when did we start putting a dog’s life above a human life. It’s just a dog. Nobody said anything about Martha Stewart when she got out of jail, she came out and got RIGHT BACK on television with nothing said about her coming back to television. So it should be no difference for Mick Vick to come back to “Television”. Good Job BET. I can’t wait for the show to come out so I can watch it.

anni said on October 8th, 2009

Please do not let this new show go on. Vick is a sick and disgusting creature who is now being rewarded with his own show. What the heck is this world coming to? I will stop watching BET as of right now. The man only has enough remorse to get back on a team. He is only sorry that he got caught. What he did was terrible. He hurt innocent animals. He also tortured them. Why would you want to let a man like this on tv? You are as sick and hungrey for $$$ as he is.

tutuie said on October 8th, 2009

Yes Vick made a mistake. Leave him alone. The only reason they are picking on Vick is because of his prior status. They are not picking on his co defendent. that’s because they had no money. Only God can judge.

NJ Lorax said on October 8th, 2009

I hope he gets Theismaned before the filming starts…. BET should be ashamed of itself. Is Vick donating all his proceeds to the Humane Society or is he going to profit (once again) of his cruelty?

Pit-i-ful said on October 8th, 2009

This scum of the earth deserves nothing less than insignificance for the remainder of his life. Putting hi on a platform where children will see that dog fighting is OK (as long as you don’t get caught) is abhorrent. Shame shame shame on BET.

Betty said on October 8th, 2009

ohh yeah I found a great dating site____ MatchWealthy.com_____. It is the best dating club for seeking the rich singles, beauties and even hot celebs..
what’s the most important is:you dont have to be a millionaire.but you can meet one. I think everyone need to meet some miracle after all the terrible stuff in the news and the economy .You should check it out!!!

S. Powell said on October 8th, 2009

Michael Vick’s program should explore the following items

1. how the federal government became involved in Vick’s dog fighting case since the Federal dog-fighting law was not passed until after the incident.

2. Vick should get an accounting of the $1 million dollars he paid for providing support of the dogs

3. Also, the attorney should be made to justify his $1 million charge.

4. Consider recovering some of his losses

The price he paid was much too high.

Sue said on October 8th, 2009

To all you haters out there I ask….are you protesting the stars all of those degrading “reality shows” that are on tv?! No…I didn’t think so! You probably sit and watch ‘em with your children! For all of you who rely on athletes to be role models for your children, I think that you are ‘the scum of the earth’. Take responsibility for your own kids and if you don’t want to watch Vick’s show, simply DO NOT WATCH! Stop looking for someone else to blame…Vick is NOT RESPONSIBLE for instilling good morals and values in your kids…YOU ARE! Think on this….if you are afraid that Michael Vick’s show is going to corrupt “your good kid”…have you thought that maybe it was something that Michael Vick saw in his childhood that made him do what he did? If by chance your “good kid” does something wrong when he gets older, would you think he/ she should be eligible for redemption?! Be true to yourselves people!

Antwell said on October 8th, 2009

FORGIVE, AND YOU WILL BE FORGIVEN. LUKE 6:37

Erica said on October 8th, 2009

There is a HUGE difference between getting a second chance and being celebrated with a million dollar contract and a reality show. I never even heard of this dude until the dog abuse scandal came out. That is what he is famous for – cruelty.

Did Vick consider that the animals he was abusing might want a second chance?

Why can’t BET offer a reality show to some OTHER football player – one who lives his live with kindness and respect, not one who profited from evil and cruelty.

This is very disappointing BET. You should be utterly ashamed.

Sue said on October 8th, 2009

If GOD can forgive man for killing a man… then why can’t man forgive man for killing a dog? Who do you think GOD loves more….a person who commits a sinful act, admits he did it (no matter how long it takes him to do so) and asks for forgiveness or, does GOD love more a person who is unforgiving?! If you choose the latter, then you, my friend, are the one who is sick!!! Remember, the Bible tells us “that all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD”. Therefore, do you believe that you who criticize Vick still, should be forgiven for your sins? What makes your apology for your sins and wrongdoing so much more believable and acceptable than Michael’s? Thank GOD it is HE who sits on the throne of judgment and not any of you hypocrites!

marcia said on October 8th, 2009

Shame…shame…shame on Bet for the reality show “starring” Michael Vick. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Just think of all children who will look at him as a “roll model.” The message will come across that you can get away with anything, and long as you “act” sorry you can get a multimillion contract with Bet. He mistreated & killed animals!!!!!

You People said on October 8th, 2009

Great job BET!! I think it will be an interesting show. Can’t wait to see it. AND..for those haters…..just because you haven’t got caught yet doing yo dirt, please know that it is only a matter of time!!!! What happens in the dark always comes to the light! Now, run and tell that you hypocrits!!!!

Elise said on October 8th, 2009

“Mistakes”. That term is hilarious. If he killed your mother, would you call that a “mistake”? That’s what I thought. For “You People” – because we ‘haven’t gotten caught doing our dirt’? Really? Your comment made me laugh today. Killing hundreds of dogs is ‘dirt’ to you? You WOULD find his show interesting. What Michael Vick did is not forgivable PERIOD. What higher GOD, and quoting LUKE? Why then if the bible reads you will be forgiven, does it create you with sin? Dopes….He should be left in a room with those dogs that are lucky (?) enough to have survived.

Sue said on October 8th, 2009

To compare the killing of someone’s ‘mother’ to ‘dogs’ is “laughable” because it shows the “intelligence” (or lack thereof) of one who would say such. It also shows how much you think of your own mother. Please stop putting your ignorance on display…and since you love “those dogs” so much, why don’t you go into a room alone with them and let’s see what you would do to “those dogs”?!

Jack said on October 8th, 2009

Is Vick truly sorry for the heinous things he did? This man inflicted atrocious, heartbreaking suffering on countless animals…and now he gets football and television contracts? Of course he deserves a second chance – this is America. But is he remorseful? Does he regret the suffering he caused? Does he understand why his actions were so abhorrent? He could prove that the answers to these questions are “yes” by giving his financial proceeds to animal rescue shelters.

Sue said on October 8th, 2009

Go Vick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’ t wait for his show to air!

Amy said on October 8th, 2009

I can agree and disagree with so many things here, but the one thing I have to comment on is S. Powell’s statement: “Vick should get an accounting of the $1 million dollars he paid for providing support of the dogs.”

You want an account of it? Fine, just ask the shelters that took the abused dogs. I just got back from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, which has 22 of the Vick dogs. That money was supposed to provide LIFETIME care for the dogs. It was gone WITHIN MONTHS from the cost of having to treat the numerous severe injuries that many of the dogs had when they were brought in.

I think he should have to pay more. The court ordered him to provide lifetime care, so he should have to do it.

Straight from the "A" [SFTA] ~ Adventures of an ATLien! » Michael Vick To Hit BET’s Reality TV Lineup said on October 8th, 2009

[...] (Source) [...]

denise said on October 8th, 2009

michael vick does not deserve to make money on the basis of animal cruelty, which is exactly what this show will allow him to do. would he have been offered a reality show had he not been convicted? highly doubtful. yes, he “did his time” but he has hardly made up for his crimes. the type of person that would laugh at his own family pet being mauled by fighting dogs does not deserve a lucrative nfl contract nor does he deserve the opportunity to “convince” people that he is a morally sound person.

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

Hey Devin Macon, Martha Stewart was convicted of insider trading; whereby she cheated on her investments so that she would lose less money. Micheal Vick viciously and mercilessly massacred helpless animals for his own enjoyment. There’s absolutley no parallel there. Vick is a psychotic sociopath. Yes Micahael Vick attended college but he was coddled through the acedemic portion, just like most of the other top college athletes. Have you ever attended classes with a top college athlete? They’re not required to perform acedemically. Anyway, Vick didn’t earn a degree. Also, Vick never served time for his felony animal cruelty charges, he copped a plea and served time for a lesser, unrelated crime. So he didn’t serve his time for the crime that people are most upset about. Try getting your facts straight before you present your argument. You’re wrong on all counts. Plus you posted your comment three times and your grammar is horrible. It’s pretty obvious who is “right stupid”! Michael Vick is a disgusting human being.

denise said on October 8th, 2009

i think he is a piece of sh*t and that bet should not air this show. everyone is on here talking about keepin a brother down, and only god can judge, and he paid for his mistakes…..that is bullsh*t. those dogs suffered and some died due to his ignorance and him wanting to make $ so he can have his house on cribs or some sh*t. he knew what he was doing was wrong. he is a piece of sh*t.

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

Hey Sue, Why would people be protesting the other reality TV stars? Are they all guilty of psychotically and viciously slaughtering innocent animals too? I don’t think they are. Try again.

Nekesha said on October 8th, 2009

PETA get a life. You don’t make sure that every dog fighting fool loses his job. Why don’t you go after ALL of the dog fighters as viciously as you have gone after Michael Vick?

Lisha White said on October 8th, 2009

Mike is not just an average person who made a mistake. The dogs he ruined will need constant care. People who hurt animals for pleasure will eventually hurt people. Maybe we should let him struggle for a long time.
FOR SHAME BET, FOR SHAME!

xVx said on October 8th, 2009

BET – Disgusting. Is it that much of a joke to you that he was responsible for the violent deaths of beautiful sentient creatures? Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo? You should be ashamed of yourselves…but of course you won’t be

Here is how this show should air:
Episode 1: An Eye For An Eye : Michael Vick is chained outdoors for days, starved and beaten, then thrown into the ring with an angry pitbull who tears Vick to pieces and pees on him.

Episode 2: Michael Vick is put down by his “masters” for losing the fight

Episode 3: Vick’s funeral. No One Attends

Episode 4: CANCELLED

sedrick said on October 8th, 2009

I want to first thank BET for giving Mike this great oppurtunity for a reality show. I believe this will show all the critics, anti-vick haters out there who really is mike vick. Can’t wait for the episodes!!!

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

A mistake? Vick didn’t just make a mistake. A mistake is when you make a mathmatical error and bounce a check because you thought there was more money in your checking account than there really was. When you viciously, mercilessly, and repeatedly massacre helpless animals in bloody and gruesome fashion, over a long period of time; that’s NOT simply a “mistake”. It’s a psychotic, criminal pattern in your behavior. A mistake??? Gimme a break!

Faye said on October 8th, 2009

I’m so sick of PETA I could scream. What angers me is I’m sure PETA did not even know Mike Vick had a heart beat until he was caught with the dog fighting issue.

Who are they to determine he has not changed they don’t even know him.
My Grandmother used to say, “people living in glass houses should not throw stones.”

Mike did something and unfortunately the world found out. I’m sure those perfect people from PETA have never made a mistake. You don’t have to watch and neither do your little perfect children.

Be careful it could be your child one day. Also, GET A LIFE!!!

Mike, I’m excited for you, prove them wrong. At least the Humane Society is giving you a second chance.

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

A mistake? Michael Vick did not just simply “make a mistake”! An example of a mistake is when you make a mathmatical error and bounce a check because you thought there was more money in your checking account than there really was. When you viciously and mercilessly massacre innocent animals in bloody and gruesome fashion for your own enjoyment over a long period of time; that is NOT simply a mistake. That is a verifiable, criminal and psychotic behavior pattern!

xVx said on October 8th, 2009

Not every animal rights activist aligns with PETA, and yes, we have all made mistakes, BUT chances are most activists havent purposely harmed any human or non human animal in the process, and certainly not for money!

robinson said on October 8th, 2009

This is stupid people cry over dead dogs, but let someone go hunt a deer or something it’s ok. f-ck a dog there is more important things goin on in the world than dog fighting. To compare dog fighting to people is just silly

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

Robinson, no is trying to say that killing a dog is no different than killing a person. But there’s a BIG difference between going out and shooting a deer for the meat and slaughtering a hundred dogs for your own enjoyment. Hunting is legal and murdering dogs for fun is a felony. Try again.

Bombadil said on October 8th, 2009

Faye, of course PETA didn’t care about Vick until he got busted for viciously slaughtering dogs. WHY WOULD THEY??? They don’t care about you or me until we do something to get their attention either. You say that “Mike did something and unfortunately the world found out”. This clearly demonstrates that you’re not getting it. It’s NOT unfortunate that the world found out! What’s unfortunate is the fact that Vick was slaughtering dogs in the fist place! It’s a very GOOD thing that the world found so that the authorities could put a STOP to the psycho! If the world hadn’t found out, Vick might still be murdering helpless animals for his own enjoyment today!

Erikka said on October 8th, 2009

Why does BET parade their support for felons? That only perpetuates the general white public’s view of our race. Why can’t we rally behind a positive black man trying to do God’s work or a black man with an education who has a job and supports his wife and kids? Black Entertainment Television: Why can’t you use your channel to provide an enlightening forum for the public on how creative, talented, and equal black men are? Why do you insist on rallying behind men like Michael Vick? Do you need suggestions on black men in our nation who don’t electrocute animals and who are actually representing our race with dignity and out helping in the community? If so I am happy to provide you with some.

Robby said on October 8th, 2009

BET should be ashamed to endorse Michael vicks. Will be spreading the word to cancel BET from channel lineup. What he did is unspeakable. Shame to bet.

Vick is a loser! said on October 8th, 2009

Abusing animals is sociopathic behavior. It is a proven fact that those who abuse animals go on to abuse humans. If he had harmed humans in any way, would you still be giving him a show? When he does get locked up for that, just remember that you helped glorify his behavior BET. Any money that he is paid for this show should be donated to shelters and rescues that clean up the messes made by losers like Vick! BOYCOTT BET!!!!!!!!!!!

judy v said on October 8th, 2009

boo! hiss! to BET for hiring Vick, the abuser of animals. what kind of a role model is he for young people? aren’t there many, many other black football players you could choose from to have a reality show? do not promote this animal torturer, please.

Jamie said on October 8th, 2009

Shame on you BET. To reward someone who took poor defenseless animals and put them through torture and hell is disgusting. What is wrong with this world?

Backwards said on October 8th, 2009

It is embarressing as a black man to be categorized in the same group as Michael Vick. BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION–that is not entertainment!!!!!

Richie said on October 8th, 2009

Its Obviously alot of you don’t know about cultures. First of All Dog Fighting Like ?$** Fighting is a practice thats has been going on for Generations in the south. i’m for nyc and i know that, i’m not even talking about morals right now just stating facts…When you have alot of money your not micrmanaging every little thing that your peoples are doing, michael vick was just the cash man he wasnt whiping doggs on a daily basis. He definitely made the mistake of not being personally invovled in his investments and surrounding his self wih spme bad people. Alot of you people are very selective about who you jump on , the doggs raised wrong under bad news kennelz werent treated any worst than animals are now at circuses, or even the chickens that are raised for us to eat everyday. Who are we to make one animal more important than another. its also very funny that out of all dog breeds pitbulls are always treated worst they arent allowed anywhere and are not granted the same luv as those hig price dogs that paris hilton carries around, think people, mick vick is another black scapegoat in the long line of double standards that are in america and our justice system…..(dont even let me get started on plaxico buress)

No matter where... said on October 8th, 2009

Okay, if Vick’s for real, then all his earnings will go directly to ASPCA, or The Humane Society. He could give the money to underprivileged youth, domestic violence, whatever…..just not in his checkbook. Ya feel me? I really don’t care if you do or not. BET…………how low is the bar? BET should be raising the bar for your viewers. I am saddened and disappointed that you are considering this, shockumentary. Why not take on the, Chef Jeff Project?
Good Grief!

Joe said on October 9th, 2009

You know, you people make me sick. Reading your comments I must say that I am not that proud to call my self American. The man served his time, and deserves to put his life back together just like anyone eles that made a mistake. I thought that is what our country is founded on, and that is what our troops are overseas fighting for, the right to life liberty, and persuit of happyness, and second chances. I mean come on he lost more money then anyone of you could dream of having, and lost time with his family, that you cant get back. I would say that he has earned the right to put his life back together. Thats what we have a justice system for. They handed him his punishment, and he served it. LEAVE HIM ALONE. Would you like it if your mother did not give you a 2nd chance to prove your self when you messed up as a kid. YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. Get a life.

joe said on October 9th, 2009

To the guy that is ashamed to be black, and mentioned with Vick, dude you need to wake up. Thats the problem with people today. Someone makes a mistake and then everyone wants to hang him. What would you do if the good lord said the hell with you after you made a mistake, or if you sined. Come the F on. You make me sick, As a black man my self I am proud to see another black man, take responsibilty for his actions, and stand up and be a man. I am very proud to say Vick is a Black man, and I would stand with him in a heart beat.

Laurie said on October 9th, 2009

Shocking, BET rallys behind another felon, claiming he got a raw deal because he’s black, shocking.

Goldie said on October 9th, 2009

Absolutely unbelievable. I, for one, Mr. Vick, have never heard you apologize or be remorseful for the horrible things you did to those dogs. I don’t know how you sleep at night. It’s really a shame that you don’t seem to KNOW that hurting/killing a living being is something that cannot be forgiven by those of us who understand that those dogs went out of this life a horrible, horrible way. I can only pray that your end is as terrible. Neither I, nor any one I know will be watching you in your football carreer, or any tv program that you appear on. May you rot in “you know where”.

Whitie said on October 9th, 2009

I’m going to play the race card here… Seems afro americans protect their own in the media when they do evil (see OJ and “Why I did it”). My guess is that the pro Wick contingent above are either black or Eagle fans who are blinded by the light. Clearly past treatment and emotion override common sense. But my guess is that this show WILL show who Michael Vick really is. A mediocre pro quarterback and a pathetic dog killer.

Warren said on October 9th, 2009

Ok now, let us all take a breath. BET is just doing a good business move. Vick is going to get viewers as he will draw people wanting to see him as an interesting misunderstood soul or if he is the fool they think he is & hope he slips up showing some the image that perhaps it is not his fault. After all, he is just a product of his environment right, can’t hold that against him ;-( Yea, I’m saying this in jest a lot of people have a bum background a rise above it. BET is just exploiting him and that is the funny thing. A black network is going to show a member of the race to be just part of a stereotype that is what I’d thought they were working against.

Disgusted said on October 9th, 2009

This is to Richie and all other who claim to know the “facts” but in reality, know nothing. Michael Vick was not just the money man:
* March 2003 – According to a 2007 federal indictment, after a female dog owned by Vick’s kennel lost to a North Carolina dog, co-defendant Purnell Peace consults with Vick about the pit bull’s condition, then “execute(s) the losing dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal.”
* April 2007 – According to the indictment, Vick and two co-defendants execute about eight dogs “by various methods, including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog’s body to the ground.”
* April 2007 – Authorities raid Vick’s compound and find 54 pit bulls, some with fighting scars and injuries, and a “rape stand” for strapping down female dogs too aggressive to submit to males for breeding.
* August 2007 – In a deal with federal prosecutors, Vick pleads guilty to a single count of conspiracy. Vick admits he agreed to the killing of six to eight dogs through the “collective efforts” of himself and his co-conspirators. He does not admit to participating in the killing.

Would YOU get your job back or a fancy reality show after you’ve been convicted of a federal crime? I certainly would never be rehired by my company and would have difficulty ever finding another job. It must be nice Michael Vick, it sure must be nice!

The Big Picture said on October 9th, 2009

It is unbelievable to me how anyone can defend him. This is not a victimless crime. There are human victims as well as canine victims. All the little kids out there that look up to morons like him (because of assinine executives that give him a sho, BET!) now think that it’s ok to commit crimes, get locked up and life will be all sunshine when you get out. The harsh reality is that it is not ok to get locked up and 99.9% of us would not have a very lucrative job waiting for us when we got out, we would not have a TV show…hell, most of us wouldn’t even have a place to live. It’s things like this that divide races. Showing disregard for the lives of these dogs is disrespecting life in general. No regard for another living thing and you give him a freakin’ reality show? Ya’all are messed up. I agree with someone else that mentioned the Chef Jeff Project! That guy messed up, learned the hard way and had to really struggle to get a job doing anything and he made amazing strides but he EARNED it. There are positive role models for young black men and Michael Vick is NOT one of them!!!!

NW said on October 9th, 2009

Of course a negro network like BET would give him a reality show.
Because he’s black he can do no wrong…look at the way they idolized
OJ Simpson…

nw said on October 9th, 2009

Of course a black network like BET would give him a reality show.
Because he’s black he can do no wrong…look at the way they idolized
OJ Simpson…

tee said on October 9th, 2009

you people need to mind your own affairs and stop JUDGING other people lives…what sick peope you are…Your opinions are yours but it really don’t matter if I may say so myself…Soo on that note..Keep talking because it really don’t matter what the f**ck you think about MICHAEL VICK!!!
Yeah I say it..GET A LIFE

KVV said on October 9th, 2009

You got to be kidding…Micheal Vick is getting money because he did such a unspeakable crime. You guys have sunk to a new level. Those who watch will be just as bad!!!

Harrisson said on October 9th, 2009

Michael Vick is a piece of @#$% and so is BET for putting him on!

Jo Ann said on October 9th, 2009

Tee, your posting is embarrassing to all humans, if you think it is okay fighting dogs, then you must promote dog fighting and go to them yourself as well.

NOW, Michael Vick, black or white did a daming thing, he is a vicious man and a sick man, if he could hurt an animal, he is capable of hurting a child. Shame on all of you here that think it is alright to promote dog fighting and this is exactly what BET is doing, your off my list of channels to watch. I hope BET goes down the tubes.

MIchelle Jorgensen said on October 9th, 2009

BET should know better. This is absolutely disgusting. This man should quietly go away and never come back.

kathy j said on October 9th, 2009

REWARD HIM WITH A REALITY SHOW!!! WTF IS UP WITH THAT!???

Gilla said on October 9th, 2009

BET shame on you ! I will never watch your station again, who exactly is to benifit from this series ? Did you know right at this moment in time ex gang members in Chicago are trying to shed light on dog fighting ? Did you know they really, really need money to do that ? There is the real story of rising from the ashes – ex gang members trying to educate us about an industry even they are sick of. When Ghandi said “you can judge the morals of a society by the way way they treat their animals” he had no doubt ever heard of the farce that is BET. To hear people say “dog fighting is part of old black culture, especially in the south” makes me think oh yeah the South, wasn’t it part of old white culture to have lynchings, so by that logic would the next lyncher caught get his/her own reality show with BET ? The man is scum plain and simple, in what way would a reality show about his life constitute “ENTERTAINMENT” be it black, white or purple ?

Caron said on October 9th, 2009

I am completely and totally outraged that BET would even consider doing this show. If this series airs, I will no longer watch your network and I know a lot of other people who feel exactly the same way!

gilla said on October 9th, 2009

PHUCK PHILLY and F&*K BET !! You should find a rock big enough for you all to live under. Filth !

Jo Ann said on October 9th, 2009

Apparently BET promotes dog fighting, do they sponsor a ring like Vick did?
Lost that channel in my TV guide

jennifer said on October 9th, 2009

i will not raise this man up as if he is a hero. he is a criminal and a jerk for his crimes. i cannot believe BET is going to give him his own reality tv show. i would like to leave him in the gutter where he belongs. if this show is actually aired, i promise i will never support this tv network for the rest of my natural life.

lala said on October 9th, 2009

I can not believe that a network as honorable as BET would promote someone that is such a piece of trash. He is not a role model for anyone. I will no longer be supporting this network. I will also do everything I can to make sure that people that have morale values will not watch this station any longer. Shame on you!!!!

LD said on October 9th, 2009

I know Vick did his time, but I do not support his reality tv show. Shame on you BET!!

jacki said on October 10th, 2009

Ok, Scooby and scrappy doo? I was upset about this when I got online, now bet is sugarcoating it? It’s disgusting that he’s trying to capitalize on brutalizing animals, but worse that a network would support him. Professional athletes are supposed are in the public eye, and “role models” to children, they see him abuse animals and then get rewarded for it?Really??? I don’t even understand why a network would want that publicity! I will tell everyone I know about this and I hope your network does suffer for this. Karma is not fun!

Dannae said on October 10th, 2009

conVICKted— He’s NOT by any means an “innocent party” . If Michael Vick gets ANY money from this farce, I truly hope ALL concerned are ultimately held accountable.

BET is NOT acting in it’s own best interest. WHY, (when there are SO many other atheletes more deserving) does BET CHOOSE TO PROMOTE someone SO totally negative?

Does Vick deserve a “second chance”? WHY- ??? — He would STILL be killing dogs for fun had he not been caught.

Pretty sure a poll of INFORMED viewers would NOT back MV.

A few BET execs need fired. Maybe once unemployed, their heads would pop out their asses and they would SEE MOST americans do not endorse what Michael Vick represents…

Shame on you BET.

Ike Washington said on October 10th, 2009

I’ll watch this show when it comes on. I’ll watch it once. WHY? So I can write down the name of every advertiser and start a petition to BOYCOTT every one of them.

Then I’ll start a petition to boycott BET as well. This is SHAMEFUL. Until now I’ve appreciated BET and feel much of it’s programming is a good example for my kids. I want my kids raised with pride and a sense of personal responsibility. BET has let down every sports figure that takes their position as role models for our race, and our children, seriously.

As for Vick… we ALREADY understand Vick. Someone that does what he did is a sociopath. But who cares about that as long as they can money off him? I canceled my season tickets to the Eagles and if this show goes forward I’m canceling my cable too. I will not have my children exposed to this trash, instead I’m going to use it to show my boys how REAL men behave… by getting involved in their community and standing up for what is right. My 14 year old is, right now, writing his draft of the petition to boycott BET and their sponsors.

BET should apologize for even entertaining the idea of this show. Convicted is right… Shame on you BET.

Cindy Ruback said on October 10th, 2009

Many an animal lover has been forced to explore her/hisconscience in the wake of Michael Vick’s release from jail and his comeback to the world of sports and entertainment. I suspect many households have witnessed arguments over Michael Vicks’ good fortune in resuming his multi-million dollar career. I recognize that Vick paid his debt to society, per our legal system, and like other convicts, he is entitled to make a living. But I do not understand nor do I agree with the attitude of those who aim to capitalize on his celebrity as a result of his heinous torture of animals and criminal activity that destroyed their lives. I understand why Vick is taking advantage of these “opportunities” to enhance his status and rake in the bucks. What I don’t understand is why anyone would purport that he is a role model because he was caught torturing animals and sent to jail. What has he done post-incarceration to warrant this streak of fame? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. A role model? A celebrity worth following? Seems to me Vick has learned some very valuable lessons about what happens when you abuse animals. A brief stint in jail, and he’s set for life. Nice.

bigeyecat said on October 10th, 2009

theee man did his time for his crime— let him live!!— “he who is without sin throw the first stone “okay!- danggggg!!

barb said on October 10th, 2009

How dare you? BET has sunk to a new low, and hopefully will pay the price. Michael Vick should have rotted in jail.

Robin said on October 10th, 2009

COME ON!!!!!!! First the Eagles then Nike and now BET…What is wrong with people today. How can anyone support this man?? There are so many talented and deserving people out there. I think it’s horrible that BET would give this criminal another reward for his horrible behavior. I have just added BET to my ongoing boycott of Vick supporters. Maybe your executives don’t care about that —but maybe someday they will.

Erafael Furay said on October 10th, 2009

Its official. Now we can decide who is the biggest whore: The NFL, Philadelphia Eagles, BET or ….

4pityssake said on October 11th, 2009

All I need to say is: A sad day for BET, IMO.

And, for those that say God does the judging…right you are…but, we were given the gift of choice & the inherent knowledge of wrong & right. We choose to do right, or we choose to do wrong. We also can choose to allow evil into our hearts.

God also said…Obey man’s law, so long as they don’t break Mine.

We were put on this earth to be the shepherds/caretakers of God’s creature’s…not to abuse them.

DiDi Lindstrom said on October 11th, 2009

Unless all monies Michael Vick receives from this series is donated to animal charities, you might as well kiss any ratings you have good-bye. Sick, sick, sick!
Who in the world wants to watch him “acting” as if he’s remorseful for what he’s done. He’s only sorry he got caught.
He’s nowhere near done paying back for his crime.

Rick Z said on October 11th, 2009

Disgusting, so many role models to choose from and BET picks from the bottom of the barrel. He should donate 100% of the proceeds to the Humane Society. I agree with those who want to Boycott BET, the Sponsors and go after your cable providers to drop BET from the line up.

And for those who say he did his time for the crime. Sure, but should he be rewarded. Is he really a good role model or remorseful for what he did. Na, he just got caught.

I hope BET rethinks this…

Jessica said on October 12th, 2009

I am glad that Michael Vick is coming to BET. You people who are criticizing should chill out. We all have sinned and it is time to forgive and forget. For those of you who want to boycott the advertisers of the show you should boycott some of the trash that BET airs. And Michael Vick is still a role model. He is a human. He is showing that when you make mistakes you dust yourself off, make amends, and keep living.

Dawn said on October 12th, 2009

I already stopped watching BET as soon as I heard that they were even considering putting that scum on tv, bad enough that he’s on the tv when the sucky scum like eagles play. He deserves NOTHING!!! Like someone said before, find a rock and live under it, all yall who like him.

Diane said on October 12th, 2009

I recently visited Best Friends Animal Society in Utah where many of the Vick dogs are not being taken care of. Until Michael Vick contributes to the upkeep of these dogs I fail to believe he is remorseful. The only regret he has is being caught. I will boycott any advertiser for this show as well as any sponsors for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Kathi said on October 14th, 2009

I am OUTRAGED that BET would even CONSIDER being a part of this! STOP STOP STOP THIS PRODUCTION NOW! SHAME ON YOU. SHAME SHAME SHAME…….

Kathi said on October 14th, 2009

DON’T ALL THESE COMMENTS MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU BET?? YOU BETTER THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT THIS. I’M IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK.

Mo said on October 16th, 2009

I’m completely disgusted by this news. Isn’t it enough that they already allowed this ignorant monster back in the NFL? I for one would never even consider watching BET again after hearing this. Is this the rolemodel you want representing the network? Even googling Michael Vick makes me sick I would rather see him rot in jail then have to ever see his face on tv.

Dc said on October 17th, 2009

Ike I just got to say I admire you!!! your amazing that you have taught your children that being independent thinkers doesnt always win you popularity, we all have to stand up for what we beleive is right and moral… AND JESSICA? SERIOUSLY? ARGH