With an impressive year!
It looks like Ludacris, DTP and Luda’s cognac partner Kim Birkedal-Hartmann, have a lot to celebrate. Chris’ new spirit endeavor, Conjure Cognac, has just been included on “Top Ten 2011 Cognac list: The Coolest Products For The Next Year” by expert cognac blog site Cognacexpert.com.
With so many long running cognac brands that have taken generations to become popular amongst spirit drinkers, Luda and his fanstastic team jumped leaps and bounds in a little under a year. Bananas!
You all know I live for the Conjure brand. I’ve never been into cognacs, however Luda’s amazing “yac” has so many different elements to it that it blends harmoniously.
Per Cognac Expert:
There is lots of movement in the cognac world so let’s sum it up: Chinese cognac cocktail drinkers go to Versailles, tasting green tea with eaux-de-vie, listening to Ludacris’ rap music, jumping into a swimming pool filled with ‘Punch’, after saluting the ‘Comandonte’, ending up in the garden where a music newcomer festival takes place, with Remy Martin labeled barrels standing around, that are filled with unaged clear brandy – and everyone is waiting for Dr. Dre.
Here is our Top10 list.
1. Conjure Cognac … because Ludacris and Kim Birkedal-Hartmann are in the house. Simple as that. A great launch in the US speaks for itself. Read more about Conjure
2. Remy Martin V … because it’s highly mixable, a clear vodka-like spirit and a clever, clever, clever move to use the brand of a high-end cognac producer to produce a brandy, that is not a cognac.
3. ABK6 … because they have a modern approach to design and taste, win the most awards, are a sympathetic family business and have a Dr. Dre cognac in the pipeline.
4. So Yang … because it’s the only one that combines the Chinese market, a female Chinese RnB spokesperson, the cocktail trend, the wellness trend and women as a targetgroup. Wow.
5. Comandon … because they are rebooting the brand, support several music events, were nominated as 1/12 hottest spirits and have a cocktail called ‘Comandonte’. What a cool name.
6. De Luze … because they are about to reposition their brand in a solid way, have huge production capacities and a great balance of family tradition and modern ideas, plus a website that feels like poetry.
7. Courvoisier Exclusif … because Charles Dickens was a Courvoisier lover, and the re-invention of the “Punch” Cocktail is a great deal of contemporary consumption, story telling and tradition.
8. Martell … because they understand to market their Cognacs in Asia and help restoring historic interiors in Versailles, the birthplace of modern gastronomy.
9. Hennessy Black … because they combine the right events with their brand ‘Artistry’ in a very smart way, are about to test the European market to re-introduce Cognac to Europe as a piece of the HipHop world (which again is a cultural import), starting with the difficult cognac market of Germany.
10. Rastignac … because the Chateau des Plassons is a great small family company with two young brothers managing it with their father, there has to be another smaller producer in this list, and the XO is a masterpiece.
Good job Luda and Conjure!
Until Next Time…