Had To Share: Thanksgiving Playlist Part 1Published by Torrence Glenn on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm.
Sup folks. Thanksgiving is only a few days away (and my stomach is shouting in advance, glory!) and although we know the food, family and fun are major parts of the celebration, we know the “intent” of the holiday is to to give thanks and show how grateful we are for all that we have. Although Thanksgiving isn’t necessarily a holiday that’s biblical and there’s some rather horrible history to the celebration (you know, the whole slaughter of Native Americans and such), I think it’s important to celebrate the sentiment more so than the history. Yes, you should be thankful ALWAYS but having a special time of year where you make it a major focus is rather great, at least to me.
So with that, today and tomorrow I’ll be sharing some of my favorite gospel songs of gratitude to help celebrate. So here’s part 1!
1. Walter Hawkins – Love Alive IV – “Thank You”
2. Walter Hawkins – Love Alive II – “Be Grateful”
3. Nu Tradition – “Anthem Of Thanksgiving”
4. Ricky Dillard – The 7th Episode: Live In Toronto – Grateful
5. Lisa Page-Brooks – Strong – “Thank You”
6. Kurt Carr & The Kurt Carr Singers – Just The Beginning – “Grateful People, Grateful Praise”
7. Hezekiah Walker & LFC - Souled Out – “O Give Thanks”
8. Hezekiah Walker & LFC – 20/85: The Experience – “Grateful (Reprise)”
9. Here II Praise – Giving You Nothing But Praise – “O Give Thanks”
10. George Huff - “Grateful”
Come back tomorrow for Part 2!