‘First In’ Takes You Inside the Fire

Published by MediaMaven on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 8:33 am.

ontv_firstin_hdr_v2

What’s it like to have one of the toughest jobs ever in one of the toughest cities in the world? The five Compton firefighters of BET’s newest reality docu-drama, “First In” can tell you first hand … but why tell you when they can show you?

“First In” is a dramatic new show that takes you where only a few have gone — inside the firehouse and inside the lives of the men who may just save yours one day.

You may be thinking that firefighters just show up to buildings and pull out fire hoses, but it’s a lot more than that. This show gives you the real deal, from murder victims, to motorcycle accidents to small plane crashes, these firefighters see it all, while trying to deal with drama at home and reach their professional goals!

If you’ve ever wondered if you’ve got what it takes to be a firefighter, if you just like seeing men in uniform, or if you’re just looking for something original, put this show on your viewing schedule.

Don’t miss the premiere, Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 10 PM/9C. Get more on the show here!

Comments

Krystal said on September 15th, 2009

My husband is a firefighter……I am really looking forward to this show!

Krystal said on September 15th, 2009

My husband is a firefighter. I am really looking forward to this show!

Krystal said on September 15th, 2009

My husband is a firefighter. I am really looking forward to this show!!

PEP said on September 16th, 2009

Seems like it very interesting show , good see BET dO something a different I’ll be watching.

kim martin said on September 16th, 2009

My son is a firefighter and a cast in the show….. i cannot wait to watch him shine.

kim said on September 16th, 2009

My son is a firefighter and a cast member.. i cannot wait to watch the show.

Marcel said on September 18th, 2009

Facebook fans become a fan on facebook for pics events and more. and for all the twitter lovers follow marcel on twitter @cptkid

thanks for the love and support

Jlynn said on September 19th, 2009

Wow! I grew up and worked in and around the areas of Compton. I knew many of the firefighters years ago and they risked there lives everyday for the people of Compton. I am excited to see this show. As with all of the firefighter across the country, I pray for there safety everyday.

lee ann said on September 20th, 2009

Im dating a firefighter –and this show is going to be intresting to watch–and allow the public to see what a firefighter endures on a daily basis.

i have the upmost respect for these men–they way they put their lives on the line eveyday—

im proud to say my honey is a firefighter!

Anthony A said on September 21st, 2009

WOW! What a great concept and an idea for a show. My name is Anthony and I’m a firefighter in Lynchburg, VA. I am truly excited about seeing this program, because of my brothers and sisters in the fire service having an opportunity to shine. Alot of people don’t get an opportunity to see exactly what we do, especially in the middle of the night while everyone else is sleeping. Once again, you have hit the nail on the head with this program. Way to go BET, I’m very proud of you. -Anthony A., Firefighter/EMT-

Larry said on September 22nd, 2009

Great to see the Compton Fire Department highlighted. Wishing you all the best. I know every episode will have lots of interest, excitement, and adventure.

Anee said on September 23rd, 2009

Do you know what this show is rated, I would like to allow my younger children to watch this, but if there is alot of bad language and violence, I don’t think it will be for a younger audience.

fax03 said on September 24th, 2009

I can wait for this show to star!! My high school friend is in it!!Marcus you know your fairfax fam is soOo proud of you and will be watching you.

fax03 said on September 24th, 2009

I can wait for this show to start!! My high school friend is in it!!Marcus you know your fairfax fam is soOo proud of you and will be watching you.

Aaron said on September 25th, 2009

Its great to see alot of people that support the fire dept expressing themselves. I would like to challenge everyone who comments on here to go to there local FD”not one where you know someone” and thank the men/women for being there day in and day out. We as emergency workers only hear it when something bad happens or recently only around 911. It shouldnt take the act of one of our own passing to hear a thank you or know that others support us besides our families and friends. Congrats to CFD and its great that Gibson brought back a FD show ever since Firehouse USA went off Discovery channel.

pkelly said on September 25th, 2009

that’s my nephew, the chief on the show. so..so..proud of you marcel. can’t wait

paul simon said on September 26th, 2009

My cousin so proud of him. Is in the cast name marcus….do ya thing boy.. Tha fireman…

Andre Williams II said on September 26th, 2009

I am glad BET decided to do a show like this its something different and people get to see the real life of a firefighter not in a movie. I am an african american firefighter and its going to be good to watch the life of other firefighters. BET good idea on this one it should be pretty good

Marlene Halvorson said on September 27th, 2009

I’m looking forward to the show, and seeing my son Shon, who is a wonderful father and awesome firefighter. COULDN’T BE MORE PROUD

Evadean Reeves said on September 27th, 2009

Love my grandson Shon. I am so proud to see him sharing the dream he has had since he was in grammar school, and sat on the fire engine when it visited. Can’t wait to see the program!

Jonathan Nichols said on September 28th, 2009

I’m 23 and have been firefighting in fayetteville NC for just 4 years, my favorite show was third watch, and this show i’m sure will take the place of it. So looking forward to watching!

joanieeee said on September 28th, 2009

how come there no pictures of victor???

hi victor!
i love youuuu

allen aragbaye said on September 29th, 2009

yeah i think this is show is a good effort by BET to put out something of significance. im excited to see how it turns out

marlene halvorson said on September 29th, 2009

FIREFIGHTERS ARE AWESOME
THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO ! ! !

lyric said on September 30th, 2009

i am a volunteer firefighter. i love how this show is unlike other dramas about fire fighters..this shows the real life situations and how it really goes down. I love that there is finally more shows on about firefighters!!! This show is amazing!

shardon said on September 30th, 2009

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THEY KEEP IT RUNNING.

Albert Jones said on September 30th, 2009

I just finished watching the 1st 2 episodes. I know those guys have heard a thousands times how it takes a special kind of person to do that job and it does. I’m taking Emergency Preparedness Technology in school and have a greater respect for firefighters everyday. Now, since I’ve seen 2 episodes of “First In” I definitely appreciate the life & times of a firefighter or any first responder.

Firefighter Moore said on September 30th, 2009

I am interested in watching the show, we have enough cop shows. BET has a real chance to make a great show.

I hope they keep it a little realistic.
Please have the actors wear Scott Mask and SCBA when they fight fire.

stephanie covington said on September 30th, 2009

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. IT REALLY HIGHLIGHTS THEIR WORK. NOT ONLY DO THEY FIGHT FIRES. THE BATTALION CHIEF LOOKS A LITTLE HOOD THOUGH.

teetee said on October 1st, 2009

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!! AND ITS NOT JUST BCUZ IM FROM COMPTON EITHER!

Jose said on October 1st, 2009

Stephanie – yeah Marcel is very hood, you don’t even know the half of it… backstabber, double crossser that he is!
Darnell, one of the other fire man on the show, a falling down drunk!
Ha Ha , and these guys are suppose to represent fireman?

Marlene said on October 1st, 2009

Jose….shame on you ! Could you do their job?

Marlene said on October 1st, 2009

It’s nice to see the firemen get the accolades they deserve. They work very hard and risk their lives everyday for us. THANKS TO THE FIREFIGHTERS EVERYWHERE – WE LOVE YOU

T H A N K S “F I R S T I N” I’ll be watching next week. *****

marlene said on October 1st, 2009

It is nice to see the Firemen get the accolades they deserve. They work very hard for us every day and night – saving lives. Thank you firemen everywhere – we love you ! GREAT SHOW – I’LL BE WATCHING NEXT WEEK.

Marti said on October 1st, 2009

I love the new show. I appreciate fire fighters more than ever, I don’t know how they do it! I have INSANE respect for them and all they do. Not only do they give up time away from their family but they also save a strangers life. Yes it’s their job but it’s sad that they don’t get paid enough for all their hard work. (just my opinion and no I’m not married to a fire fighter nor do I date one) I hope this show stays real and no acting occurs or that scenes end up fake! (alot of reality shows end up gearing that way) So thank you BET for creating a show that shows us what our FD do and all they go through!

Kristol said on October 1st, 2009

I love this show. People really don’t know half of the thing the fire fighters give up/ go through to save lives. You all are very awsome. Congrats to all my peps. And last but not least shake off all the hater.

RUBEN MURILLO said on October 1st, 2009

MARCEL YOU ARE DOING A FINE GOOD IN LIFE ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND YOUR TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW YOUR A GOOD FATHER, HUSBAND AND FRIEND . GOD BLESS YOU AND THE FAMILY AND EVERYONE IS PROUD OF YOU OR SHOULD I SAY ALMOST EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HATERS THAT WANNA BE LIKE YOU ! LOL

RUBEN MURILLO said on October 1st, 2009

SORRY I MEANT FINE GOOD JOB IN LIFE! LOL

hitmanswife said on October 1st, 2009

Jose is probably someone who failed the academy and thinks he knows people. Playa haters…geesh!

jose said on October 1st, 2009

lol, if walls could talk, looks like marcel fans are getting nervous

Evadean said on October 1st, 2009

LOVED THE SHOW – I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING NEXT WEEK. THANKS TO ALL THE FIREFIGHTERS IN COMPTON, AND ALL OVER ! *
BEST SHOW ON TV…..

pep said on October 1st, 2009

Its a great show I watched the full hour. But really I don’t understand why people have put so much hate out there even if do have problem with Marcel why would make it public issue especially when the show isn’t about him and his life but FirefIghters and brave and proffesional work in the community. Take all that HATE SOME WHERE ELSE. Really the show looks great and I see it doing very well, very well.

S.E. said on October 1st, 2009

Well “JOSE” I see that you were allow to see the lifes of the firefighter on and off the job and to put buisness out their about Marcel being “hood” and Darnell a “falling down drunk” allows other to see that you wish to have the job, experiance, knowledge that they have achieved. The saying is true “Firefighting is a job All dream of haveing, (i.e. JOSE) but only few succeed and live the dream……..”

jose said on October 2nd, 2009

SE there is also the saying … if you talk the talk you should walk the walk, i am not the only one who speaks of the hoodieness of marcel. ps there are alot of fireman out there who share these views of “marcel”

marlene said on October 2nd, 2009

UGG…….WAY TO SCAM FREE ADVERTISING… UGG…..GO AWAY….UGG !

calling you out said on October 2nd, 2009

Jose probably tried to make it into the academy and got passed over or something! It’s ok to be mad Jose, but it’s definitely an ugly look. Being upset about not making it in has nothing to do with your jealousy of firefighters who have. Stop acting like you know people on the show, it’s irresponsible, unbecoming, and you’re just embarrassing yourself. But I hope you have a good day :)

Sasha B said on October 2nd, 2009

Ugly is not a good look….
The show was great…..
Keep up the good work CPT.

jose said on October 2nd, 2009

ewwwwwww, ugly is looking at those tats, on a fireman? yea some role model he is

I Work Here said on October 3rd, 2009

Jose,
Regardless of your personal opinions, negativity only serves itself. Are you trying to achieve anything positive with your comments, or are you just as bitter as you sound? So what Marcel, doesn’t meet the image YOU feel he should project. Who’s perfect? Ask yourself why you spend ANY energy spouting such negativity. What’s the point? Even if you have seen any of us here on the job at any moment that isn’t fit for television, does it serve a greater good to put what appears to be “Haterade” out there? Has he or Darnell personally attacked you? Do they even know you? I can bet you don’t register in their minds on a daily basis. And lastly who made you The Authority on the image a Firefighter should project? Like any other profession we are very diverse, but we all have one thing in common, we serve. Try doing it yourself. Just my .02

calling you out said on October 3rd, 2009

well said “i work here”

marlene said on October 3rd, 2009

very eloquently put…”i work here”. I agree with you !
[jose, put yourself in time out] If you don’t have anything nice to say…don’t say anything at all. THE SHOW WAS AWESOME. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE NEXT EPISODE. THANKS FIREFIGHTERS FOR ALL YOU DO. RISKING YOUR LIVES TO SAVE OURS.

boohoo said on October 4th, 2009

calling you out, iwork here;
wahhh, wahh you big babies, can’t take the heat get outta the Kitchen!

smile said on October 4th, 2009

Marlene – what r u smokin? how childish
you guys should be thankin the haters because they r the only ones leavin comments! LOL

dilandinga said on October 5th, 2009

2pcVeL I bookmarked this link. Thank you for good job!

lilikindsli said on October 5th, 2009

Great site. Keep doing.,

lilikindsli said on October 5th, 2009

Great. Now i can say thank you!,

lilikindsli said on October 5th, 2009

Very cute :-) ))),

Groadia said on October 5th, 2009

Perfect work!,

Woakoth said on October 5th, 2009

I want to say – thank you for this!,

Ethardocien said on October 5th, 2009

Very interesting site. Hope it will always be alive!,

Elautram said on October 5th, 2009

I bookmarked this link. Thank you for good job!,

Adaywen said on October 5th, 2009

If you have to do it, you might as well do it right.,

Dromav said on October 5th, 2009

Great work,webmaster,nice design!,

Cadalla said on October 5th, 2009

Excellent site. It was pleasant to me.,

marlene said on October 5th, 2009

hey smile…………wann be a fireman?

marlene said on October 5th, 2009

hea boo hoo; sounds likd you’d like to be “in the kitchen” or maybe a fireman? You cant stand the heat …lol

Crare said on October 5th, 2009