The List Is In: The Top 100 Videos of 2009

Published by JamesP26 on Monday, January 4, 2010 at 9:57 am.

cb61eff8-4810-f0ae-77ba-4518faf38325-KeriHilson&JamieFoxx[2]

BET’s “Notarized: Top 100 Videos of 2009” counted down the best of ‘09. Now that the Top 100 List is out, it’s time for your input. Do you agree with the list? Did a video you like not make the countdown, or maybe your favorite should have been higher? And what about the number one video?

What do you think? Let us know.

Comments

TT said on January 4th, 2010

I don’t agree with it. Bey is not even in the top 10??? That doesnt make sense.

Shaunte said on January 4th, 2010

According the list of Notarized Top 100 videos of 2009 number 83 and 98 is the same video. Was “Everything, Everyday, Everywhere” by Fabolous f/ Keri Hilson number 83 or 98? And what was the correct video for number 83 or 98?

Domineque said on January 4th, 2010

Did i miss somethin cause “Best I Ever Had” by Drake, one of the biggest songs of the year, isn’t even on here really thats kinda shockin if ask me but besides that this list was pretty accurate and cant really argue the top song of the year was “Blame It” thats all ever heard everywhere i went

Lexx said on January 4th, 2010

I definitely do not agree.. I had not even seen/ heard a lot of the videos on the countdown even though I listen to A LOT of music… I was happy to see that So Special by Mavado was on it though. MORE DANCEHALL NEEDS TO BE PLAYED ON BET!! Twitter;; @Lexxii_

Jay said on January 4th, 2010

I thought I was the only one who didn’t see best I ever had, that was a top song fof 2009 even though the video sucked… I can deal with Blame it as #1 but where was BEST I ever had… The reason Single ladies was not on countdown was because it came out in 2008. It was on the last Notarized of 2008 very high

Ashle said on January 4th, 2010

i think it shouldnt been best i ever had by drake or Every Girl by young money because does was the two hottest songs that came out in “09″. I was shock wen Jaimee Foxx got number 1.. Thats messed up

rod said on January 5th, 2010

single ladies doesnt make the top 100? I know this is a very difficult task but single ladies?

andrienne said on January 5th, 2010

top 10 list…i think is wrong…especially number one

Byron said on January 5th, 2010

This year, I wasnt happy wit dat top 100 countdown of 09, I feel dat alot of video didnt make da countdown that should have been there, 4 example I feel dat single Ladies (Put A Ring on It) should have been No. 1… I wasnt pleased at all…. Better luck next year

Jay said on January 5th, 2010

i don’t agree that blame it is number 1! knock you down, turning me on, every girl, “best i ever had” or empire state of mind…one of them should have been #1…!!!! we need to assist in this years notarized..!!!

aysha said on January 5th, 2010

i totally agree best i ever had wuz an awesum song and blame it did not need to be #1 at all. i wuz very mad…o and why wuz video phone and sweet dreamz soo low on tha countdown? now datz messed up… turnin me on should have got #1. i still cant believe that best i ever had wuznt on tha countdown…..ugh!

PHOEBE said on January 5th, 2010

I DISAGREE BEYONCE SHOULD BE #1

jaleesa said on January 5th, 2010

o.k. beyonce been had her shine already.. geesh. let sumbody else make sum career “highs”.. damn.!!! nd single ladies kame in ‘08.!!

blame it definately deserved #1.!!

i do however feel that ” ur a jerk” shuld have ben higher though.!! maybe like top 20. nd russian roulette 2.!! (even though imma cb fan.!!)

J Tizzy said on January 5th, 2010

yall def. disappointed me with the countdown…nd dissed beyonce by not putting her at least in the top 10. {she def. worked harder than most this year} whatz up with that BET??

Eazy said on January 5th, 2010

Blame IT by Jamie was the best video and song of the year. A true classic that we will bump 10 years from now. I totally agree that it should have been #1.

beans said on January 6th, 2010

@rod
single ladies didn’t make the top 100 because it wasn’t a 2009 song it was a 2008 song and more importantly they can’t put the song on there 2 years in a row because singles ladies had been #2 on the count down last year so thats why it wasn’t on there had they been allowed to use the same video twice it would have made it most likely.

Nooh said on January 6th, 2010

I disagreed the top 100. I think Beyonce should be on TOP 100. How come Rihanna is not on TOP 100? I think she deserve it . Keri Hilson # 2? That doesn’t make sense.

rachel said on January 6th, 2010

I guess your choice for the #1 video, can be blamed on drunkeness.

marqus said on January 6th, 2010

all of dis bull cuz some songz from notarized 08 was up like vic get silly and robin thick magic and single ladies was last year dummies

Phylisha said on January 6th, 2010

I think Pleasure P’s songs should have been higher on the list (and I’m not even a fan like that). I just feel his songs were played to the point where they could have at least been put in the 20’s…and…I kno ya’ll couldn’t show the video but you could have at least just listed “Best I Eva Had”. Other than that I agree with most of the list.

Fanta said on January 6th, 2010

Beyonce song “HALO” was nominated for grammy Record of the year. it shoul have been # 2 or # 1 on this countdown. Keri who-son song did not deserve that number. # 10 or 9 was suppose to be for her not # 2.

Fanta said on January 6th, 2010

OMG where is Queen Beyonce in the (TOP Ten) She just broke Garmmy Record for most nominations in Grammy history tie with Lauran Hill . “Halo” should have been # 2 on this countdown. come on BET lets be real, not because we all love BEYONCE but i m telling the Truth…

NiChole said on January 7th, 2010

I aqree with the countdown mostly. i was super-qlad that trey songz had more than one video on the countdown ’cause he worked hard this year.
single ladies didn’t need to be on the countdown. i don’t know why everyone is all ‘effed up.

besides sinqle ladies was s0 2008! and that’s where it needs to stay. end of story!
(Oh, And if best i eva had wasn’t such a ?*%#~? up video it probably would have made the countdown)

Mike said on January 7th, 2010

Best I ever had should’ve been on the countdown. It should’ve been number 2. I disagree that Turning me on should’ve been 2. I think invented sex should’ve been like top 10. I think that every girl should’ve been like #5. 23. “Regret” Letoya f/ Ludacris??? What song is that? Definitely shouldn’t have been that high. I also think that I’m Goin In by Lil Wayne should’ve been on there. Throw it in the Bag should’ve been a little higher.

Also, it’s pretty annoying that a lot of these songs were released in 2008 NOT 2009. It just confuses things.

danielle said on January 8th, 2010

im not even a fan of drake but i was surprised to not see that. about 90% of the songs on the countdown is wack! i didnt like seeing soulja boy among the top 10 that should of been number 99..beyonce’s halo should of been higher on the list because that song is nominated for grammy’s. Every year BET has a countdown thats in a twisted order.

Lissa said on January 9th, 2010

I Disagree I Think That The Number 1 Video Was Blame It.. The Whole List Surprised Me Actually, Half The Video’s That Were In The Top 50 Shouldnt Have Really.. How Could Soulja Boy Be In Top 5 Nd Beyonce Or Rihanna Not :S

JEi said on January 10th, 2010

i disagree i think bow wow should have been #1 he wasn’t even nominated gosh i cant believe it man

tisha@CMS said on January 12th, 2010

Yea wat up guys last year single definitly was Blame It Jamie made a come back it was a hit Peace

TIARA said on January 14th, 2010

uh of course i dis agree!!!i definetely think bed ock should of been number one on the count down! out out to the>>> young money family<<<
~TiArA sIGnInG OuT~

*Drizz* said on January 15th, 2010

Drake BEST I EVER HAD or Yung Money Bedrock should have been numba 1 (not Blame it

Lati said on January 31st, 2010

6.Turnin Me on- Keri Hilson
7.Imma Star-Jeremiah
8.Amazing-Kanye West
9.Money to Blow- Birdman
10.I Can Transform ya-Chris Brown

Young Hov said on February 5th, 2010

(diddy) angels should be on the list as well as make her say (kid cudi) i’m not even a drake fan but best ive ever had was every where.

Andrew Rome Withers said on February 10th, 2010

Without a doubt BLAME IT number one video. Hands down.

jasmine kelly said on February 13th, 2010

It’s all about Jerimah and Birthday Sex that song went hard that should have been the # 1 on the countdown for 2009 top 100 videos

AA music is AA music said on February 19th, 2010

Jason DeRulo or Iyaz? Why didn’t their videos make the list?

Oji said on March 16th, 2010

its amazing how little respect T.I. gets when he is the best out right now and his highest video was #34

ughfgh said on May 5th, 2010

everygirl was the bomb young money